Full-time / Part-time / Seasonal
Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar, Grapevine, TX
Restaurant Server serves food, drinks, and to accommodate guests’ needs in a courteous and timely manner following Applebee’s Ten Basic Service Steps.
Restaurant Server is generally offered as a part time restaurant job.
Previous experience as a restaurant server, waiter, waitress, wait staff, runner, front of the house, or other FOH part time restaurant job very helpful to the success at this job.
Restaurant Server Specific Functions and Duties:
You must be 18 years or older to be considered for this opportunity.
1. Delivers food and drinks to guests using Applebee’s team delivery system (65%*).
2. Greet guests, answers questions, makes suggestions regarding food, drinks, and service (20%*).
3. Interacts verbally with all guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere (15%*).
4. Relays orders to service bar and kitchen via the point-of-sale computerized register system (10%*).
5. Observes guests and responds to any additional requests (10%*).
6. Present the guest check to each table and accept a form of payment. Makes
correct change and/or completes the proper charge card procedure (10%*).
7. Participates in the clearing and resetting of dining room tables (10%*).
Server Qualification Standards:
1. Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off of the floor and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant.
2. Transports plates, glasses and baskets to and from the dining room, service bar, and the kitchen about 30 times per shift.
3. Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills required.
4. Mobility required during the entire shift.
5. Transports glass racks and cases up to 25 pounds (such as a case of beer) up to 15 times per shift.
Server Physical Requirements:
Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in length. Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend and kneel and have the ability to lift and bus pans, and trays frequently weighing 25 pounds.
-Present menu and answer questions
-Take orders and make recommendations
-Manage tables paying attention to cleanliness and order
-Issue bills and accept payment
-Listen to complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Customer Satisfaction
- Time Management
- Being a Team Player
- Attention to Detail
Similar Jobs in Grapevine, TX
Moe's CafeFort Worth, TX 76114 Apply
SbarroFrisco, TX 75034 Apply
Freebirds World BurritoAllen, TX 75002 Apply
Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen - Garland (Curbside/ To Go Available)Garland, TX 75044 Apply
Sonic Drive-InBedford, TX 76022 Apply
SubwayDallas, TX 75202 Apply
Chick-fil-ACarrollton, TX 75007 Apply
FreshiiRichardson, TX 75081 Apply
Lolos Chicken WafflesSouthlake, TX 76092 Apply
Moxie's Grill & BarDallas, TX 75201 Apply