Buca di Beppo Pizza Cook Buca di Beppo - Austin 3612 Tudor Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759
- View distance
- Any schedule considered
- Any experience welcomed
With locations from New York City to Honolulu, Buca di Beppo restaurants embody the Italian traditions of food, friendship, and hospitality. Dishes enjoyed for generations in villages throughout Italy inspire the menu, which features both Northern and Southern Italian favorites. While the food has pleased millions of palates from coast-to-coast, Buca di Beppo is equally famous for its quirky décor and upbeat atmosphere.
At Buca di Beppo, we consider our employees, Family, and we are looking to expand our family with only the most sincere and enthusiastic family members. The quality and integrity of the Buca family is the catalyst for commitment to the service of guests. Buca di Beppo is one of the most vibrant restaurant companies in the country, with the vision to be the first choice for Celebratory Dining. The Buca Mission is to provide every guest with an over the top celebratory experience by delivering vibrant Italian food in an eclectic vintage setting.
The Cook contributes to the success of Buca di Beppo by preparing all menu items to specification. The Cook’s responsibility is to prepare all menu items applicable to his/her station and to maintain a clean, organized, and safe line area.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Consistently prepare high-quality food in a timely manner and follow all company recipes and specifications.• Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.• Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of your work station and the Kitchen.
• Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
• Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, Kitchen rules, policies & procedures.
• Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
• Set up Line according to kitchen guidelines and par sheets.
• Pre-cut ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, deli-meats, etcetera, in order to reduce the preparation time for dishes.
• Check to see if kitchen equipment is operational.
• Stock stations to par levels.
• Check stations for equipment and tools.
• Memorize all ingredients and portion sizes for the menu items.
• Wrap, date and refrigerate food.
• Sanitize cutting boards.
• Organize station shelves.
• Hand-clean knives.
• Complete and participate in Line Checks to ensure that quality products are served.
• Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-ins, and all storage areas.
• Wash your hands frequently.
• Use kitchen utensils, knives, and equipment safely and in a responsible manner.
• Work as a team and use positive communication skills at every opportunity.
• Clean, stock, and maintain the Line throughout shift.
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies.
• Communication - Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand.
• Ethics & Integrity - Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
• Teamwork - Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
• Customer Focus - Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
• Relationship Building - Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
• Interpersonal - Gets along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Listening - Understands and learns from what others say.
• Adaptability & Flexibility - Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
• Education: High School Degree or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
• Experience A minimum of one year of cooking experience in a high-volume restaurant is preferred.
• Computer Skills:
• Certificates & Licenses:
• Will be required to use all sensory capabilities such as vision, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching, and speaking.
About this location
About Buca di Beppo - Austin
Celebrate while you work!
Buca di Beppo® is one of the most vibrant restaurant companies in the country. Our Vision is to be the first choice for Celebratory Dining. The Buca Mission is to provide every guest with an over the top celebratory experience by delivering vibrant Italian food in an eclectic vintage setting.
Who we’re looking for
Seeking quality and integrity
We will search for, and retain, only the most sincere and enthusiastic family members. The quality and integrity of our family will be the catalyst for our commitment to the service of our guests and the profitability of our company. Our teamwork and humor will create a tremendous loyalty among our team and guests, making us sought after by both.