Prep Cook Ojos Locos Sports Cantina--Houston East 11095 East Freeway, Houston, TX 77029
Hear back in 4 hours
- View distance
- Any schedule considered
- Full-time, Part-time
- Any experience welcomed
The Ojos Locos Prep Cook is responsible for preparing the highest quality menu items for guests while maintaining a clean, sanitized kitchen area. The Prep Cook is responsible for consistently following recipes and procedures, as well as adhering to Ojos Locos standards.
- Perform a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking, such as preparing cold foods and, slicing meat.
- Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to chef’s specifications;
- Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in different meals;
- Cuts and portions different types of meat according to specifications;
- Prepares different types of food from the menu, following carefully the recipes;
- Makes stock soups to be used during cooking process;
- Accepts or rejects ingredients from food suppliers, based on their appearance and quality;
- Keeps track of ingredient quantities and ensures there are always enough for the day/week;
- Stores ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved;
- Informs superiors when the ingredients stock is getting low or when the kitchen tools do not work properly;
- Cleans and sanitizes the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area;
- Carefully supervises the food temperature and the temperature from cooling rooms, to ensure that the ingredients kept are kept at the appropriate temperature;
- Follow cleaning calendar – clean work station before and after food prep to ensure always working in a clean area.
- Follow safety procedures for using all kitchen equipment