Captain MOD Pizza - Reston 11642 Plaza America Drive, Reston, VA 20190
Hear back in 4 hours
Interview as soon as Mon, 9:00 AM
- View distance
- Starting at $14.75-19/hr with tips
- Any schedule considered
- Full-time, Part-time
- Any experience welcomed
- Hires 18+
As a Captain (Restaurant Shift Leader), you directly influence the success of MOD by assisting the store General Manager execute store operations during scheduled shifts. A key part of the role is to lead MOD Squad members on your assigned shift and delegate tasks so that the MOD experience is achieved and maintained for Squad and customers.
As a MOD Squad Captain your objective is to live, teach, and demonstrate the MOD purpose in all interactions.
-Competitive hourly rate plus tips
-Free meal per shift
-50% off when dining with guests when off shift
-Training and education at work
-Opportunities for career development and promotion
-Access to employee support
-Awesome MOD swag: t-shirts, bandanas, stickers, etc.
-Benefits for eligible Squad
- Show Grit, Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude
- Lead MOD Squad members on your assigned shift and delegate tasks so that the MOD experience is achieved and maintained for Squad and customers
- Problem solve to improve shift execution
- Lead by example
- Share your knowledge with others to encourage and champion teamwork and operational success
- Act as the food safety leader and ensure food quality, accuracy, and cleanliness in both back of house (BOH) and front of house (FOH)
- Ensure all food, pans, utensils & equipment look phenomenal
- Get to know your customers and build community relationships
- Maintain a uniquely MOD experience in the lobby with your demeanor, volume of music, comfy temperatures, and cleanliness standards
- Build brand dedication through outstanding service
- Create shift goals and share with the Squad
- Execute your shift to all Open/Shoulder/Closing shift guidelines
- Coordinate all cash handling policies and procedures
- Respond quickly and effectively to all emergency situations
- Coach in the moment when standards are not being met and celebrate when they are
- Be encouraging of your team even with the seas are rough. Help where you are best needed and celebrate successes!
- Basic Qualifications
- 1 year of leadership experience or 3+ months in a role with the MOD Squad Reliable transportation
- Problem-solving abilities
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a retail or restaurant environment
- High school education or GED
- Cash-handling skills
- Physical Requirements
- As a member of our Squad, you will be working in a kitchen environment, rotating between front and back of house. This requires walking, bending, twisting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling to handle or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. You will also be asked to operate hand-held appliances and simple kitchen equipment (industrial can opener, dough press, industrial dishwasher, etc.). Depending on the location, you may need to go up and down stairs. The ability to communicate and exchange information with coworkers and others is also required. The ability to comply with all public health requirements, including wearing a mask, is required.
- Working Conditions
- • High noise levels due to operations, customers and overhead music (including, but not limited to, rock, punk and alternative)
- • May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on store (varied weather conditions are expected); including delivering order curbside to the customer
- • Will work near moving or mechanical parts
- • Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
- • Must be authorized to work in the United States
About this location
About MOD Pizza - Reston
WHEN WE SAY “ALL PIZZAS WELCOME,” WE MEAN IT
We wear the same values, not the same shirts. At MOD we’ve created an atmosphere of acceptance, opportunity, inclusivity, and belonging. You feel the difference when you walk in.
MOD is always looking for sharp, hard-working people to join the MOD Squad and be part of a growing and fun team.
We’re looking for people who demonstrate what we call the 4 G’s:
GRIT — To lead with courage, passion, and perseverance
GROWTH – To learn and improve every day
GENEROSITY — To embrace the power of giving and leading by serving others
GRATITUDE — To be positive, optimistic, and grateful
Are you MOD? Join the MOD Squad and be a part of something incredible.